About the Gallery
The Great American West Gallery specializes in offering paintings and sculpture created by the finest Western Artists in the world including invitees to the prestigous Prix de West and Masters of the American West Exhibitions, members of the Cowboy Artists of America as well as the historic Western masters. The Gallery presents artists whose work depict authentic representations of the West holding true to the Western American Realism Movement.
The Gallery is located at 332 S. Main Street in the center of Historic Downtown Grapevine Texas in a retail building constructed in 1897 that for years provided needed supplies to the early settlers of Tarrant County. Purchased in 1921 by some of the city of Grapevine's founding fathers, the historic building next became home to the Tarrant County State Bank. In 1946, the building traded ownership and housed The Grapevine Sun Newspaper for 63 years until 2009 when it was purchased by Great American West Gallery owner, Phil Berkebile, Jr. Since acquiring the building, Mr. Berkebile has carefully preserved and authentically restored the building to its original 1897 vintage with aged oak floors, bead board ceiling and original exposed brickwork. The Tarrant County State Bank vault at the center of the Gallery has also been faithfully restored to its original grandeur. Today, paintings from deceased Western masters are displayed within the vault.
The Great American West Gallery building was declared a Texas
Historic Landmark in 1986. In September of